Preliminary sketch plans for up to 25 projects across six catchments as part of ACT Healthy Waterways (Basin Project) have been prepared for community consultation. These include specific information about proposed projects including access and thoroughfares, potential impact on existing vegetation, proposed landscaping, location/relocation of paths, cross sections, embankment treatments and dam heights.
Visit www.yoursay.act.gov.au/act-healthy-waterways for more details on the projects and sessions.
Community consultation drop-in sessions open until Friday 30 September. Six drop-in sessions (one in each catchment area) will be held:
- Yarralumla Creek Catchment - Hughes Community Centre, Whittle St, 3pm-7pm, Wednesday 7 September
- Lower Molonglo Catchment - Weston Creek Uniting Church Hall, 16 Parkinson St, 3pm-7pm Thursday 8 September
- Fyshwick Catchment - St Paul’s Anglican Church Hall, cnr Canberra Ave & Captain Cook Cres, Manuka, 3pm-7pm, Tuesday 13 September
- Upper Molonglo Catchment - Riverside Oval Community Room, 14–21 Carinya St, Queanbeyan, 3pm-7pm, Wednesday 14 September
- Lake Tuggeranong Catchment - Tuggeranong Library, Cowlishaw St, 3pm-7pm, Thursday 15 September
- West Belconnen Catchment - Kippax Uniting Community Centre, cnr Luke St & Hardwick Cres, Holt, 3pm-7pm, Tuesday 20 September