As an umbrella organisation Southern ACT Catchment Group was established to support ParkCare Groups, Urban and Rural Landcare Groups as well as individual landholders in the 7 subcatchments of the ACT. Our membership also includes individuals and all our waterwatch volunteers.
Click on each number on the map below to find out more about each landcare/parkcare member group.
Croton Park Carers
If you are interested in volunteering in the Southern ACT you can get involved by filling out the Volunteer Expression of Interest form or contact your local group directly through provided details.
SACTCG Membership Services
SACTCG provides a breadth of services to its members in undertaking environmental restoration and protection as well as being responsive to current community issues as a representative organisation. Some services we provide regularly for our member groups include:
- Financial management, Insurance and administration support
- Project development and management
- Funding support (eg. grants)
- Volunteer Recruitment and promotion of Landcare (public stalls/ community events
- New group development and support
- Succession Planning
- Capacity building activities to improve skills and knowledge (training and workshops)
- Representation of member group to the ACT Government Agenicies and the Commonwealth Government through the National Landcare Network.
- Network connections / skill sharing / Informantion dissemination
- Linkage and liaison with other programs and organisations (eg. Waterwatch, frogwatch, UMCCC, ACT Government)
- Onground work support including labour, materials and equipment.
- Event organisation