The Vision of the Friends of Strangers Pond is to maintain and improve this area of Australian bush in Bonython for the preservation of native plants, a home for native animals and for the pleasure of people.
This group is very new and new members are very welcome!
Aims & Activities
•To preserve, protect and improve the natural areas in Bonython centred on (lower) Stranger Pond, including its connectivity to nearby areas such as Pine Island Reserve and Mt Stranger
• To improve the public amenities without compromising the bush reserve nature of the reserve and adjoining areas
• To preserve the aesthetic values of the Pond and adjoining areas • To protect the native animals and to encourage them to make the area their home – to maintain and encourage the diversity of the area in plants, animals and birds
• To educate residents and visitors in the need to preserve and improve the natural habitat –with an emphasis on eliminating vandalism and careless destruction
• To lobby government and agencies for improvements to the area and the need to safeguard the integrity of the area
• To provide a group of like-minded residents and others to meet, socialise, plan and do volunteer work in the Stranger Pond area. Membership Membership is open all people interested in the promoting the Vision and Aims of the group.
For more information on the groups activities contact the SACTCG Office.